The N5991 is designed to meet the needs of the data center application space, with many high-speed links within and between servers. It utilizes in addition to the M8020A also the Keysight M8040A High-Performance BERT with Baud rates up to 64 GBaud and the ability to encode data in NRZ and PAM4. This makes the software the center piece of Keysight’s data center receiver test solutions. The main difference towards N5990A is the simplification, but remaining the core functionalities:
- Straight forward, modern icons allow a better overview of the result.
- 64-bit technology for fast testing,
- Modular, generation-specific system
- New types of licenses to allow flexibility in testing
- Introduction of the Bitifeye licensing manager, to allow to update the software on your own
With the introduction of N5991 software, BitifEye is now able to offer transportable licenses in additional to the node locked licenses. The BitifEye license manager gives you a good overview on your installed software solutions, the duration of your software maintenance and allows to do updates on your own.
With the release of N5991 software options, we will publish a N5990A version, which allows the access to the BitifEye License Manager. To be able to still receive updated / adaptions to the software options, a valid software maintenance (N5990A-6xx) is required. However BitifEye will stop the support for N5990A versions by Summer 2021.
- OS: Windows 10 – 64-Bit, English version
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7.1 or higher
- Keysight IO Libraries Suite 18.1 or higher
- Microsoft Office Excel 2010 or higher, English version
- Connectivity hardware for instrumentation, depending on configuration e.g. USB3, Ethernet
- Multicore processor with 12 logical processors or more
- 16GB RAM or higher
An efficient test strategy is a proven competitive advantage. The N5990A / M8085A test automation software platform is a key element of winning strategies.
By combining the performance of your instruments with the convenience of your PC, N5990A / M8085A provides unprecedented test integration, high throughput and ease-of-use for a wide range of stimulus and response systems. It is this level of control that turns a collection of instruments into a generic test solution.
The N5990A / M8085A support a broad portfolio of Keysight instruments, such as the J-BERT serial bit error ratio tester M8020A, Arbitrary Waveform Generators M8190A / M8195A, The BIT-3000 DSGA and Infiniium oscilloscopes. It also allows efficient control of jitter sources or high-quality signal generators.
You can select the hardware performance you need to test your specific DUT, single or multi-lane. The software layers seamlessly complement the instrument software, providing a common, generic test environment.
The automation platform makes it simple to test multiple buses. The same user interface applies to buses as different as HDMI, PCI Express or MIPI M-PHY. This translates to significant productivity gains. More time is gained by the common HTML or Excel format for reporting results and common data structures for advanced data management using data bases.
The software architecture is based on C# code in the Microsoft .NET framework. In conjunction with on-the-fly amplitude and jitter control supported by many Keysight instruments, this ensures fast interaction, calibration and test execution for best throughput. As an example, for USB RX Test arbitrarily specified jitter tolerance curves can be measured in a fraction of the time needed with other solutions.
TEST AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
ValiFrame / N5990A / M8085A Features and Benefits
- High level of test automation
- Broad technology coverage (computer, video and mobile buses)
- far-reaching test coverage
- Receiver Test, Channel Characterization and Cable Test
- Common GUI for all applications
- Fast calibration and test execution
- Single and multi-lane devices
- One-button compliance tests
- Expert mode for in-depth characterization
- Results in HTML or MS Excel format
- Open, modular, scalable solution
Frame Generators / Link Training Suites
The Link Training Suite offers an easy and quick set up of the loopback training sequences as well as the signal parameters. It is ideal for debugging and troubleshooting. The generated sequences can be imported in the test automation.
The Frame Generator allows conducting semi-automatic tests, e.g. for debugging. It supports calibrations provided by the M8085A software plug-in or N5990A and control of the receiver test hardware, including real-time parameter changes.
CABLE TEST SOFTWARE
Example Type-C, USB 3.1
BIT-2011-0450-0 & N5990-181
HDMI cable and connector tests can be conducted with a Keysight E5071C ENA with opt. TDR. The cable test automation software is available exclusivly from BitifEye. It provides fully automated testing of all lanes of a HDMI passive cable, using a remotely controlled BitifEye 2100 Series switch system. Active Optical Cable Tests are available as an add-on option to N5990A-151 for the M8195A.