The N5991 is designed to meet the needs of the data center application space, with many high-speed links within and between servers. It utilizes in addition to the M8020A also the Keysight M8040A High-Performance BERT with Baud rates up to 64 GBaud and the ability to encode data in NRZ and PAM4. This makes the software the center piece of Keysight’s data center receiver test solutions. The main difference towards N5990A is the simplification, but remaining the core functionalities:
- Straight forward, modern icons allow a better overview of the result.
- 64-bit technology for fast testing,
- Modular, generation-specific system
- New types of licenses to allow flexibility in testing
- Introduction of the Bitifeye licensing manager, to allow to update the software on your own
With the introduction of N5991 software, BitifEye is now able to offer transportable licenses in additional to the node locked licenses. The BitifEye license manager gives you a good overview on your installed software solutions, the duration of your software maintenance and allows to do updates on your own.
With the release of N5991 software options, we will publish a N5990A version, which allows the access to the BitifEye License Manager. To be able to still receive updated / adaptions to the software options, a valid software maintenance (N5990A-6xx) is required. However BitifEye will stop the support for N5990A versions by Summer 2021.
- OS: Windows 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Keysight IO Libraries Suite
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Exact versions of software requirements are listed in the respective changelog file
- Connectivity hardware for instrumentation, depending on configuration e.g. USB3, Ethernet
- Multicore processor with 12 logical processors or more
- 16GB RAM or higher
TEST AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
ValiFrame / N5990A / M8085A Features and Benefits
- High level of test automation
- Broad technology coverage (computer, video and mobile buses)
- far-reaching test coverage
- Receiver Test, Channel Characterization and Cable Test
- Common GUI for all applications
- Fast calibration and test execution
- Single and multi-lane devices
- One-button compliance tests
- Expert mode for in-depth characterization
- Results in HTML or MS Excel format
- Open, modular, scalable solution
Frame Generators / Link Training Suites
The Link Training Suite offers an easy and quick set up of the loopback training sequences as well as the signal parameters. It is ideal for debugging and troubleshooting. The generated sequences can be imported in the test automation.
The Frame Generator allows conducting semi-automatic tests, e.g. for debugging. It supports calibrations provided by the M8085A software plug-in or N5990A and control of the receiver test hardware, including real-time parameter changes.